NOT the World's first BS based fuel additive

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Fri Mar 27 04:16:44 GMT 1998

Clive Apps Techno-Logicals 416 510 0020 wrote:

> > > my 1986 Safari van doesnt have one on its TBI unit
> > > I think it retards timing to contorl idle or some other such nonsense
> > > solution
> > > and even that doesn't work well
> > >
> > You wouldn't be driving a GMC Safari, would you?Shannen
>
> will be as soon as the body work is finished
> these are pretty biodegradable and the guy I got it from was a bump and
> feel driver
> After owning nothing but Fords for years I got this really cheap
> from someone who got a newer truck
>
> I was surprised and how chintzy the constuction of it is
> but its pretty easy to work on and all the parts are very cheap
>  really want another Ford
> but need a van for work
>
> Clive

  In this area nothing rusts (except my imported from the east coast Chev).  These
vans seem to run much longer without maintenance than they should.  One van in the
shop had 140K and still had original plugs, cap, and rotor.  'Course he was having
the engine replaced at the time. : )  But they do seem to hold up to abuse better
than other models of vehicle.

BTW, IAC should be a gold or black "can" with a 1 1/16" hex on the end, located on
the RH side of the TB, with the electrical connector pointing to the RH Rear of the
van.

Good luck with yours, always nice to find another Ford man relying on a Chevrolet. ;
)

Shannen