Loyal Order of the Cone Shaped Hats (was Programming 101 page 0)

Steven Ciciora scicior at uswest.com
Fri Mar 27 20:13:20 GMT 1998

------------------------------

From: "Bruce Plecan" <nacelp at bright.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 09:46:38 -0500
Subject: Programming 101  page 0

Bruce Plecan wrote:
<snip>

Today was going to be addresses and what was at those locations.
But, we seem to be having a lack of willingness to do some leg
work, so things are on hold.
  The way I had things figured if 4-6 of the software types offered
a hand, and we had 2-4 guys bread board a ecm, then it would
be a cake walk to cover this is a couple days/weeks.
  But, since I got just a couple of software types interested, and
no takers on the 747 bench work. Things are going to be real
slow.  I want to do this but, for me to bench and verify, and help
with reading it. Well...., I only get so many hours a day.
  So rather than get ------- about it, here we go but at a much
slower rate.

<snip>

map.  Hot dam, ain't that easy?..  Not alot of rocket science
yet, and we half figured things out..  Well not quit so fast.
  To be continued.
Bruce  Hmm, wonder if rocket scientists wear Cone Shaped
            Hats.......

Well, I'm not sure if and where you put me down, but I'm excited.  If I
can, I'm going to try to get muddy this weekend at the junk yard looking
for a 747 or two.  Gonna grab as much of the harness as I can, so I can
fire it up on my bench.  i.e. pots and voltage sources for sensors,
function generator for rpm, etc.  I don't know what GM cars have a 747
ecm, so it may take me a while.  Also, I'm not very good at getting good
prices.  I can only hope for the $50 range.  How much I get charged will
determine how many ecms I buy.  Any one better at it than I am got an
extra 747 kicking around that they want to sell me? :-)

Hey bruce, sounds like you know quite abit.  I'm not sure how we can
help you.  What are you looking to get out of this that you can't do
yourself?

Hoping to get inducted into the Loyal Order of the Cone Shaped Hat...

Steven Ciciora