Loyal Order of the Cone Shaped Hats (was Programming 101 page 0)

steve ravet steve at sun4c409.imes.com
Fri Mar 27 21:58:08 GMT 1998

Steven Ciciora wrote:

> Well, I'm not sure if and where you put me down, but I'm excited.  If I
> can, I'm going to try to get muddy this weekend at the junk yard looking
> for a 747 or two.  Gonna grab as much of the harness as I can, so I can
> fire it up on my bench.  i.e. pots and voltage sources for sensors,
> function generator for rpm, etc.  I don't know what GM cars have a 747
> ecm, so it may take me a while.  Also, I'm not very good at getting good
> prices.  I can only hope for the $50 range.  How much I get charged will
> determine how many ecms I buy.  Any one better at it than I am got an
> extra 747 kicking around that they want to sell me? :-)

That's a good point.  If someone could give some pointers on which cars
have which ECMs it'll help get better prices at the junkyard.  They
don't know the difference between a 747 and a DC-10, but if it came from
a camaro it'll cost more than if it came from a sunbird.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
International Meta Systems