1227747-1227165 Wirez

Scot Sealander Sealand at clarityconnect.com
Sun Mar 29 22:07:59 GMT 1998

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> I got a 747, 165, 148, in my hands as I speak, all have 2 connectors
> at the end and appear to be one 36, and one 24, (eye fade).  The
> 7730 in my other hand has 3 connectors on the side.
>   This 165 didn't have a paper tag.  Did I get burnt?......

The 165 is an early P4, and yes it only has the two connectors on it.
It has only one injector driver. (This is why it won't work in place of
the 747.)  You may notice that the TPI V-8's have two injector "banks".
And they may appear to be fired separately.  They are not!  Only one
driver...... ;-)  Look inside, and notice that it only seems to have
about half a board in it.

The 747 has two low impedance P&H drivers. MAP based code.

The 148 is the Buick C3 SFI ECM. It will only work with even fire 6
cylinder engines, MAF based.

The C3's are just too old, too slow, and too hard to alter.  The
only good thing is that they are easier to understand.

Scot Sealander   Sealand at clarityconnect.com