Water Injection

ptimmerm at mashtun.JPL.NASA.GOV ptimmerm at mashtun.JPL.NASA.GOV
Mon Mar 30 22:27:35 GMT 1998

I was gladdened to see a discussion of water injection on this
list during my recent vacation.  I have looked into the AquaMist
stuff, and talked to the local distributor F-Max.  (on the web)

What I see is a high pressure water sprayer system with some
nice motor cooling and saftey features.  this is the system the
allegedly use on the Ford Escort RS rally cars from Boreham,
with a killer 4 cyclinder turbo motor from Cosworth.

I thought that a properly selected junkyard EFI fuel pump
would go a long way to making this happen for low bucks.
Some high pressure is required to go after the turbo and
intercooler, and pump lubrication is an issue.  So why not use
a diaphram type fuel pump (maybe off a honda?) for the water
pump, and select you nozzle out of an industrial supply catalog.
Anyone know for sure a diaphram type pump app from an EFI car
that would frequent junkyards?

paul timmerman