Motorcycle EFI? [was: cam timing}

Gus Cameron cameroa at sbu.ac.uk
Tue Mar 31 18:33:36 GMT 1998

At 09:49 31/03/98 -0800, Steve B wrote:
>... one injector per cylinder ... it's a pretty nifty yet simple system
>which even supports an OXS if you want to go that way.  I'm pretty sure
>that every K bike is fuel injected,

Yup

>but the Motronic system didn't come
>into use until the 16V motor (the k1 was the first, but any 16V K100 or
>any K1100 should make a fine donor ... the main problem is there are
>very few wreckers for Beemers.  I've been looking for a totalled K1100
>for some time now ...

Try Bracken MW in London (http://www.bracken.co.uk) a new site for an old
shop.  They have a of wrecked beemers, should declare an interest, I'm
their (backup) race mechanic, don't know about K1100 efi spares at present.
 Make their day, use the enquiry form on their site.

>HTH!
>Steve Buchholz
>San Jose, CA (USA)

and....
At 08:29 31/03/98 -0800, Bruce wrote:
>These subjects are also in the address that Gus Cameron
>posted with his motorcycle EFI posting.

>Bruce

Quite right Bruce, Duane sells the MoTec and Corsa wide range O2 boxes and
does a nifty-looking datalogger, not had any experience of these.  Should
probably also mention that Duane is the boy for fuel injected Ducati's,
he's been involved with the World Superbike scene for a long time now, and
you don't hear anyone say anything bad about him (apart from time-lag on
email that is).  Now I remember it, Duane was supposed to be working on an
Ultimap box for the BMW R1100 twins, might be worth asking him about the K's.

Gus