Tuning 101 Revisited Tables Maps

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Mar 31 21:23:23 GMT 1998

Just got reminded of something I didn't mention earlier.  No I do not
stop, and start the car for every change I make.
  Again depending on the car.  I might make a coolant temp sensor
liar (adjustable pot in series with sensor), I might use the same for
a Intake air temp sensor.  Yes they both will affect timing, but they
change fuel alot more IMHO.
  And I'll sometimes use a MSD multi-step retard.  With a chip with
border line too much timing,  then have the steps a 2-4-6d , and
have some switches so I can use any combo of them.  Hmm
not an emulator, but it works for me..
  Again this way I can spot trends of what the engine likes, or
makes it run best.
  Also used a 3914 for a TPS divide by for a series of divide by
resistor chains for map.
  Ain't no rules, just what works......
No worries mate
Bruce        Worries is when the picket fence in the rear view mirror
                  is catching you,  please remember to remove Cone
                  Shaped Hat when attempting these manuevers..
                  Driving one handed and holding your hat on can be
                  dangerous to your health.........