Clarifications on last Programming 101

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri May 1 02:41:15 GMT 1998

Again please read all prior 101 text before trying to interupt this
as a complete thought.

I'm going to give a few examples of what a set of malfunction
code flags look like and how they change in a given application.

If we were to look a 747 bin file with a hex editor, we might see

050D     050E     050F
  FD         39          F9    would be stock
  FC         39          F9   would be no vss diagnostics (code 24)
  FD         39          79   would be no knock (code 43)
  FD         19          F9   would be no egr (code 32)
I hope this shines a tad more light on the issue.  Also note
how unique the pattern seems against all the other table
stuff.

Also, an address might better discribe 16 bytes, and an
address of say 0000+0001, rather than a location of say
0000..

Cheers
Bruce       We need a Cone Shaped Hat representative in
                 washington, DC by the year 2000.  If I start
                 walking now I might make it in time..