Fw: Supercharged 3800

Strasser strasser at mci2000.com
Fri May 1 03:23:04 GMT 1998

If you mount your S/C downstream of your TB,  it seems you will see little
top end gain unless you increase your TB size.  Once the pressure drop
across your TB reaches a maximum (in fluid dynamics terms, this is the point
of "choking" -- sonic flow of a gas), it can "flow" no more...no matter what
is pulling on the other side.  For example, in carbureted applications, the
installation of a roots type supercharger under the carb, requires
increasing size of carb.

Wayne Strasser
Chemical Engineer
EFI Patent Pending