WATER INJECTION...(was Holden...etc.)

Danny Barrett danny_tb at postoffice.utas.edu.au
Sun May 3 05:38:06 GMT 1998

>From the things that I have been told, this is VERY true. In case you
haven't seen them, recently I have seen people's messages (either in the
archive, and/or in the recent mailings) which say that to clean your engine
out, run it at about 1500 RPM, and slowly spray in about a pint of water
down the carb throat or into the air duct of an EFI engine. This should take
about 2 to 2 and a half hours. It's a long time to stand there playing with
a running engine, but it is supposed to clean it out really nicely.
Alternatively, put the water injection back on for a couple of hundred hours
(I assume it is the type that comes on at WOT, if not, then it will take far
less time), and the engine should be nice and clean. When I had my water
injection on, I didn't have it on for long enough to get the nice
side-affects. My system was an experimental home brew job, and it was rushed
together in an hour, so due care wasn't really taken. It was too hard to
adjust properly, so it never worked properly. I'm thinging about designing
another one soon. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Danny Barrett.