WATER INJECTION...(was Holden...etc.)

ECMnut ECMnut at aol.com
Sun May 3 04:39:57 GMT 1998

Something that is slightly off thread...
Many moons ago, I had a spearco water injection
system on a home brew turboed 5.7 in a Vega
It was not intercooled, and I need the water inj. to
run more than 7 psi of boost..
After a full summer of heavy abuse, I tore it down
for a re-ring, and I couldn't believe how clean &
shiny the pistons & top rings were.
About a year later, I read that the cleanliness was a
side-effect of the water injection..  My brain is a slow
locomotive, and I never really thought of it until I saw it in print.
No CSH back in those days either..
Mike V