Blown fuel/timing maps

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun May 3 13:42:07 GMT 1998

>Are you using a MAF or MAP system?  If you are using a MAP (Manifold
>Absolute Pressure) sensor, simply extrapolate the table up into the >100
>KPa region.  I don't have any experience with MAF (Mass Air Flow)
>systems, but I suspect that you would similarly extrapolate the table up
into the higher airflow regions that were unreachable before.

On a MAF system there are no fuel tables, it's a calculation based
on MAF readings.  They might have a target O2 voltage for cruise,
but that would be all I'd imagine, Anyone?.

>BTW, the Holley Pro-Jection is a MAP system, and can plot up to about 130
>KPa.  That means that it'll handle about a five PSI boost without
>trouble.
>
>Ray Drouillard.

A N.A. engine runs at VE numbers in the 75-85% range, and a
turbo motor can easily go 120, + to 150%VE, and it's not a very
linear response, again depending on state of tune.  So the closer
you are the better, even to start.  If he's using a 2 bar MAP then he's also
looking to go to 200 K/Pa, and if a 3 bar 300K/Pa.   As I recall
A.S. is looking to the big HP numbers..
Cheers
Bruce