holley water injectionRe: Water Injection. What do we agree on so far?

Steven Gorkowski kb4mxo at mwt.net
Sun May 3 15:04:49 GMT 1998

All I know about water injection is it works as advertised. I had a
holley water injection system on a ford 390 because I was getting knock
with regular gas put this unit on and the knock was gone. I used tap
water . The unit had a different jet for v8 ,6,4 so I don't know if the
volume of water is a big thing factor . I ran this for 5 years the only
thing I would add to the unit is near out of water light. The funny
thing about this car is it was the only car I owned that ran at 276,000
miles on original engine (one valve job) and was still running when sold
. This puzzled me till I heard of the cleaning action of water injection
from this group. If any one has the holley water injection box so I can
make a similar one main thing is the orifice size for a v8 or plans to
build a box I would be interested. It was the mid 80s when I had this
box and was plug and play so my details on how all the parts worked was
some what beyond my comprehension at that age. This is a good lesson on
doing things you think will work that others think are stupid and trust
me people looked at me funny when I told them I ran water injection.

Steve