Refrigerants

BUTLER, Tom TEBUTLER at mccain.ca
Mon May 4 20:08:25 GMT 1998

You will find that 15 or 20 years ago, an article was published in
Popular Mechanics magazine, entitiled something like "Build a Bottoming
Cycle Engine".  It featured a system which extracted waste heat from the
exhaust gas using (you guessed it) refrigerant gas.  The gas was then
used in a Sterling cycle engine to crank out lots of low rpm torque.  If
this is what your plan is...forget it.  It's been done.