High MPG

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Tue May 5 14:17:09 GMT 1998

>I agree about the ceramic engines, but aren't they a bit expensive???

Yes, but as the technology ages, the price comes down.  Most things work
this way.  Just look at cell phones... they used to be $1500 back in 1985.
Now they are a buck :)

Seriously, ceramics and plastics are coming into play in a major way.  I
read in Popular Science, Mechanics, one of those two, an article about a
carbon fiber/resin engine, with iron sleeves.  Takes a good idea and lots
of corporate money :)

But ceramic coating can be done at home.  A gentleman on this list runs a
Ford Tempo engine (2.3L) with a 10:1 C/R ratio, with pump gas, using
ceramic coated pistons, heads, valves, etc.  I ordered the stuff and plan
to do it myself.  Summit and Jegs has it BTW, and the product is called
Tech Line.  I took this individuals recommendation and demoted my toaster
oven from "toaster" to "ceramic coater".

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HMMWV
2000 Buick-Powered Mid-Engined Sports Car

-