Boingers

M&D 91coupe at bellsouth.net
Tue May 5 14:44:10 GMT 1998

On the IBM patent site I found a bunch of patents relating to new designs
for the seals - such as roller bearings allowing the seals to move easier,
thus be stiffer, and seal better even at high RPM. The latest operational
thing we have is called 'Ianetti seals' after the manufacturer; they are
ceramic seals about 1.5x the cost of steel, are lighter, stronger, and don't
appreciably wear themselves or the rotor housings. Of course, they don't
like much over 25 PSI of boost, either...

Michael Harrington
91coupe at bellsouth.net and http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/4038
91 RX-7 Coupe "Pearl" w/ some mods
88 RX-7 T2 "Beast" sitting in carport :(
N3WJE Technician+ Ham