Digital Multimeter suggestion wanted

Clint Corbin ccorbin at Rt66.com
Wed May 6 05:34:55 GMT 1998

At 10:32 PM 5/5/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Anything Fluke tends to be good...far more robust than most on the
market...they don't mind mistakes re range settings except obviously
current, they are more expensive than most, but you only buy one and it lasts.
>Have had a Fluke 27 for some years and never a problem. used almost
daily....good test leads too.
>Make sure what ever you get is autoranging and has range hold capability
too, cap test and thermo. sometimes useful, but better to spend money on
quality

>Grant

My dad has had a Fluke 4000 series meter for longer than I can remember.
He used to use
it daily, but now only occasionally.   The thing is still working great.

After moving out (and my dad making me return his meter!), I had to get one
for myself.  I
had the same decisions to make: save money, or get quality.  A Fluke 87 is
currently sitting
on my dresser now.  The thing has full auto-ranging, frequency, duty-cycle,
true RMS, etc, etc.
I love it!

One other thing to note: I have worked for several companys that use
multimeters and every
single one of them have used Fluke meters EXCLUSIVLY.  A lot of companies
are more than
happy to cut corners where they think they can get away with it.  But Fluke
is still the meter
of choice....  JMTCW.

Clint