High MPG

Danny Barrett danny_tb at postoffice.utas.edu.au
Wed May 6 05:24:07 GMT 1998

Around here, when you consider everything (including cylinder hire - you
can't *buy* auto cylinders anymore, from what I've heard), you need to do
about 30,000 km (18,600 miles) per year to even break even - I only do about
10,000 to 15,000 km per year - a lot of good it would do me. However, all of
the taxi's use liquified petroleum gas, as they are doing well above this
figure...

Danny Barrett.

P.S.: it's been that long since I've looked at the price of fule down here
that I had forgotten that the price had gone down - in Tasmania, it's now
about 75 Aussy cents per litre for leaded (what my car currently requires),
and 73 cents per litre for unleaded. This equates to about $4.37 (US) per US
gallon, and $4.25 (US) per US gallon, respectively. As for LPG (propane), it
is about $0.45 per litre, or $2.62 (US) per US gallon.