And for our Next Trick ... How 'bout a diyTrionic?

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Wed May 6 05:17:49 GMT 1998

On Wed, 6 May 1998 00:43:01 EDT, JCs DOOR <JCsDOOR at aol.com> wrote:

>well  we apear to be in luck . i found another di .that we can try to get
>unpotted.

Hey, great. Say, BTW, Jim, I was talking to my local Saab dealer today,
and they said that although the "Trionic" system wasn't introduced until
'93, the DI system has been in use since '90!! Man that's a long time;
the thing I'm really curious about is, DID even those earlier systems
ALSO do firing and knock detection via ionization detection? Just wanna
know how far back this Saab use of Ionization technology actually goes.
Might help in searching out the key SAE papers to read. Could you have a
look in say maybe your '90 shop manual, or maybe you know right off the
top of your head if those earlier DI units had the special Ionization
detection magic in them. TIA.

> HAVE  HEAT  GUN and mask am ready to do the deed.
>send hints and ill go to it..

Uh, Jim, did you see Steve Gorkowski's latest post on that? Them
chemicals might be alot easier than tryna melt the thang, but hey, don't
let me stop ya. Just don't fry yerself!

Gar