Digital Multimeter suggestion wanted

Terry Sare Terry_Sare at dell.com
Wed May 6 14:12:43 GMT 1998

I used a Fluke 8060A ($325) at home for 15 years till the A/D went belly up.
Bought a 29.95 from the local electronic store the other day and it had all
sorts of options. Accurate enough for the house. For work, I bought Tektronics
DVM -- they speced better than the Fluke and were cheaper (umm, bought 25k worth
of equipment at the same time so got a good discount :-) )

Overall, the accuracy of DVMs is good enough that a cheapy will do for home use.
However, they won't survive the abuse the high dollar ones will. And no, of
course I have never, ever misconnected a meter, no, never! :-)

Terry Sare