Digital Multimeter suggestion wanted

steve ravet steve at sun4c409.imes.com
Wed May 6 15:57:36 GMT 1998

David wrote:

> The current Radio Shack sale flyer has two Digital Multimeters listed.
>
> The first is model 22-174ue for $ 69.99
>
> It features are True RMS.  Can be used to check temperature F or C.  True
> RMS for accurate AC readings.  Measures frequencies up to 2MHz, capacitance,
> transistor gain, even shown NPN/PNP polarity and E-B-C pinout on display.
> Autoranging.  Includes temperature probe.
>
> The second model is $ 44.99 (after $ 5.00 coupon in flyer).  Model 22-178ue.
>
> It features autoranging, continuous buzzer, 20 amp AC and DC ranges.  Diode
> check.
>
> Both run on two AA batteries.
>
> I am not well versed on this stuff.  I believe you need a digital multimeter
> to measure a lot of the EFI stuff.

I have a Radio shack DMM, I'm not sure what the model number is.  I'd
recommend the first model.  Either would probably work for diagnosing
car type work, but if you plan on building any circuits like the 332
project, or even the EGO or ION projects on this list you'll appreciate
the frequency measurement and capacitor measurement.  Temp probe, well,
that probably has a use also.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet