Digital Multimeter suggestion wanted

Mike zeus at myth.demon.co.uk
Wed May 6 17:09:09 GMT 1998

Zack wrote:

> Aside from their durability, the one thing Fluke meters are noted for
> is their very high accuracy, which cheaper meters generally can't
> approach.  When I used to be a physics student, I don't
> think I saw anything -but- Fluke in use around labs,

High accuracy stuff is usually Hewlett Packard over here, but Flukes are
excellent, they just get on and do their job. I've used verious ones for
a decade or so with few (if any problems) but then, I have used a cheap
(no-name) one for about the same, with the only problems being the test
leads. As for the $20 one- buy it, if it doesn't do what you want then
you haven't wasted a fortune and you will know more about how to use a
DMM.

Mike.