Water injection and racing & more

Clive Apps Techno-Logicals 416 510 0020 clive at problem.tantech.com
Wed May 6 18:24:34 GMT 1998

> eg trubo engines are considered to have a capacity 1.7 x the capacity of
> the engine
and we all no that turbo engine can put out 1.7x what a NA model can ;)

> not enough.  After taking notice at truck racing events we decided that
> water injection directly onto the brake drums was the go, and it has proven
> to be.  I would have rather injected through a fine spraying garden fitting
>
> any way, at the moment the driver has to manually push a switch mounted on
> the steering wheel to get the water to squirt.  I had the idea of a simple
> timer that would count the time the brake pedal was depressed for, and
> after letting off the brake squirt the water for this same amount of time.
> ie. the driver brakes for 3 seconds...  the water then squirts for 3 seconds

defintely not a good idea
it the driver brakes for say 30 sec for some reason ( sudden obstuction,i
 traffici pile up etc.) and you geta 30s squirt after there would probably
be water running all over the tires, affecting traction

better might be to use an IR sensor to measure berrake temp. placed just
before the squirt zone, spray until the sensor say the temp is OK again
no timer involved
just a simple driver to fire the pump up

> would any one be able to design a circuit like this, or have one that might
> do the job?

Clive
?