FORD EEC IV information

James Paul jpfa at micro.ti.com
Thu May 7 14:09:43 GMT 1998

  Scott,

  I was asking around about FORD EEC IV system algorithims and how they work.
  Such as what inputs are looked at, and what values of those inputs cause a
  given output action, etc., etc.   I want to know this information because I
  have two vehicles, both use the EEC IV and SEFI, and I want to be able to
  understand, troubleshoot and repair these vehicles myself.  I started study-
  ing this system due to a minor problem with one of the vehicles, and have
  become more intrigued the further I get into it.  It is absolutely facinating
  how these components all work together to control all the different systems
  on a modern auto, and to work in such harmony is great.  Someone gave  me
a copy of your email address,and said that you said that if there are any
  questions about FORD, let you know as you were a FORD tech before going
  independent. so I thought I'd inquire.   Anyway, my question to you is do
  you or can you get the the algorithims used in the EEC IV ECM, and if so,
  could I get a copy.  Again, this information will be used exclusively by
  myself for study and Repair & Maintenance purposes.   Any help you could
  afford would be greatly appreciated.  By the way, I have the Probst book on
  FORD fuel injection and performance tuning.  In there, he gives the basic
  strategies for the different engine operating scenarios, but I want something
  a little more in depth and on the software side of things.  My main purpose
  is to be able to possibly check a few sensor outputs and be able to figure
  what a given output should be.  Knowing this, I can then measure the outputs
  and see if all is as it should be.  If not, I'll know a little better where
  to look for the problem.   Also, if you have any information on what are
  the most likely causes for each of the different fault codes, I'd appreciate
  your input in that area too.   I hope you can help me out here.  I'll be
  awaiting your reply.   You can email me at either of the following email
  addresses......   JPFA at msg.ti.com   -or-   j-paul2 at ti.com
  Thanks for listening to my request.

                                                  Thanks and Regards,

                                                     Jim Paul