MAP Sensor

Clare Snyder snyder at huron.net
Fri May 8 03:11:45 GMT 1998

Raymond Brantley wrote:

> Hi all , I have a question. Ford MAP/BAP sensors produce a frequency
> relative to pressure. So you cannot just read the voltage like a TPS.
> You need a frequency meter. Are GM's different?
>
> Raymond Brantley
Yes.
In fact, sometimes the "frequency" type can be read with a voltmeter as
well. If the pulse width is constant, and the frequency changes, simple
integration with a R-C circuit will give you voltage. You might not even
need integration.
--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!