Rover Mini MEMS Engine Computer

Hamish Hubbard (and Ode) ode at ihug.co.nz
Sat May 9 09:04:01 GMT 1998

Greetings, I am not a subscriber to the mailing list but I would greatly
appreciate any information you
could cc to my email address.

I am searching for any technical info I can get about the Rover MEMS
engine management computer
as found in the Rover Mini and other cars. Anything at all would be much
appreciated - please send
anything that you know.

Areas of information I am looking for:
- Type and spec of CPU, RAM/ROM used.
- Is the MEMS system based on another one (I have heard someone mention
Motronic).
- What are some of the algorithms that it uses (even in the broadest
sense), e.g. does it interpolate between mappings, what does it do if
you unplug various sensors.
- Is there a list of the error codes.
- Voltages/waveforms it accepts from various sensors.
- How it behaves under various conditions.

I already have the service manual excerpt for the Mini but it goes into
very little detail about the computer.
Please send anything you know, even knowing the CPU type would be a
great help.

Thanks for your assistance,
Hamish