Spark plugs/injectors

Clare Snyder snyder at huron.net
Sat May 9 20:15:29 GMT 1998

Danny Barrett wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is possible to get spark plugs with fuel injectors
> built in? I have seen one of the list members write about keeping the intake
> pressure as close to atmospherice as possible (and varying the power/speed
> by the amount of fuel pumped in). There is one problem with this - It is
> very hard to get a reliable combustion from mixtures leaner than 18:1. There
> is a solution to this problem (from what my Thermodynamics textbook says).
> This is by charging the cylinder with a non-uniform mixture. ie: around
> 14.5:1 around the spark plug, and virtually nothiing elsewhere (where
> required). This, it has called "stratified charging." Apparently, engines
> have been successfully developed and run in the laboratory, but not in
> production cars (or at least, we've not seen them...).

Tell Honda it can't be done. They sold a ton of stratified charge CVCC
cars in the early 80's
                               _/\_
                       --|-----([])-----|--
                         S    0/  \0    B
         Alls well that ends well!! www.snyder.on.ca is back
                  E-Mail service is back to normal
                  To avoid bouncing E-Mail messages
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!