Holdens a little info

Justin Albury jalbury at tpgi.com.au
Sat May 9 20:47:05 GMT 1998

Wayne Blair wrote:

> A little info about some engines used in Holdens:
>
> V8 used in production
> CHEV: 307 327 350
>
> Aussie V8's
> (have always been faster and stronger than chevs and fords of same design
> and capacity - production volume has been only impediment to aftermarket
> and further development. [Repco Brabham was a 5L GP engine was an offshoot
> of the Aussie v8 - maybe?]. That should but the possum in the kitchen ;^) )
>
> 253 small bore 308
> 308 4 inch bore
> 304 destroked to 4999cc under 5L for racing homolagation and complete head
> redesign to make use of EFI
>
> The baby 55 57 chev looking cars used 6cyl from GM Canada
> Grey motors/Side plates, used siamesesd intake port. (Like old blue flames
> chevs ? )
>
> 132 ci
> 138 ci
>
> Also a lot of Red, Blue, Black  aussie 6's like baby
> 292(?) inline (red ?) Chev 6's
> 138, (toranas only)
> 149,179
> 161,186,
> 173,202
>  a nissan 3L also (some one else will know more)
>
> V6
> Buicks (some one else will know which and what)
>
> Hey Justin - wanna add any info so the overseas guys get the full picture
> on downunder GMs?
>
> wayne

hi guys and girls

well waynes about got....

apart from the short run of chev stuff the rest of thr ozie stuff is
home grown

inline 6 cyl as wayne said above

v8 stuff also above but also a 5.7lit version of the 304(4.9/5.0) in the
awwwwwsom efi engine

v6 is buick 3800 stuff with only minor changes for the ozie market, but
are all rear wheel drive.
first we used the 3800 series 1 engine with staged ports and a rope type
rearmain oil seal(VN commodore) then we canged the intake and heads but
still used the same stuff as befour (VP Commodore) then wh put and alloy
plate around the rearmain and used a full seal and added a cam sensor
and used grouped injection (VR Commodore) then we used the buick 3800
series II block and heads with even ports (in-ex-in-ex-in-ex) 4 bolt
mains sexy intake and a endplate which housed the rearmain and took away
the need for welsh plugs at the rear of the engine. (vs commodore) then
we added the supercharger to the series II and now we get 185kw from the
good old buick 3800 which was designed in the us back in 1962.

any questions??

justin