Spark plugs/injectors & specified ignition energy

Clare Snyder snyder at huron.net
Mon May 11 19:04:17 GMT 1998

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com wrote:

> On Mon, 11 May 1998 13:44:47 +0300, "Joachim M. Wagner"
> <1028-156 at online.de> wrote:
>
> >The system itself will give huge possibilities to bring down a/f-ratio,
> >because it changes and adapts each type of combustion process much better
> >to the engines' parameters.
> >By the way, DID YOU HEAR SOMETHING ABOUT A HIGH-MILEAGE CARB IN THE 30's by
> >Charles M. Pogue which could do 216 mpg!!
> >
> >Joachim
>
> This group just keeps on amazin me!! This is a stupendous development,
> Joachim. You put a passive device in between the IGN system's HV and the
> plug, and it "feels each cylinder" and "reshapes the energy" for optimum
> efficiency/performance. WOW! I'm impressed.
>
> Sheesh, well, looks like we've made the transition from our own personal
> automotive "crack refinery" to the group's own personal "crack pot"! Now
> THAT'S progress, dudes. B)
>
> Gar

Gar, they've been selling these doo-dads at county fairs since about
1935. They have a spark gap in them that supposedly increases the
voltage of the spark - that's one model. The other I have seen has an
autotransformer in it - just like an ignition coil but a lower ratio,
that is supposed to boost spark output,  and a third one that supposedly
gives a "shower of sparks". Don't know how that one is supposed to work,
but I also saw one that used a "model T type" coil to give multiple
sparks. Thought they were finally history, but it appears they just went
to Europe!
--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!