Holdens a little info

Christian David Hack hack at uq.net.au
Mon May 11 23:09:35 GMT 1998

I own a VL turbo with the RB30ET engine and auto trans.

As far as I know, the heads are the same except that the turbo head has
a red crinkle finish to distinguish it from the NA engine.

The pistons are definitely different. Essentially, these are the
differences:

   turbo (about 6-7psi) and new exhaust manifold
   lower comp pistons
   bigger oil pump
   slightly different intake runners
   addition of a knock sensor (which is known to cause problems)
   slightly different engine-management system
   upgraded gearboxes and diffs (both manual and auto)
   larger brakes
   larger exhaust (2 1/2 instead of 2 1/4)
   and of course that crinkle red covered head.

Unfortunately no intercooler. After I have hacked the engine management to
bits I will be installing either and intercooler or water injection.

I asked a while ago if any has any info on the engine management and I
didn't really receive any replies. I know have a complete disassembly of
the code and using some of the very ordinary graphs in the service manual
I have been able to find some of the 2D and 3D tables in the EPROM.

I have a working idea/schematic on a snooper to watch the ECCS while the
engine is running which I should be able to build in the next few weeks.

I'll ask again if anyone has any info or know where I can get info on the
ECCS. Nissans groovy name is Electronic Combustion Control System I think.