Questions about EGOR

Bill Lawrance blawranc at abc.az05.bull.com
Tue May 12 03:54:21 GMT 1998

  <snip>

>OK, fine on the "features", that sounds good, but do you know what it's
>headroom on it's regulated 5.0V current budget IS? I thot not. Nobody
>does, so thas why I was pushing for running it off BAT+ if possible.
>See, I'm a flyboy, so I don't take such liberties with the assumptions.
>If "win, place, or show", is important to you, you won't either. Don't
>add to your ECM's power budget unless you know WHAT it's power budget
>IS. That was my point.

I only know Ludis from his postings on this list, but based on these, he
has an extremely accurate and detailed knowledge of the ECM's he is
interested in.  I would be very surprised if he didn't know exactly
what the power budget is in the ECM's he's interested in.

<snip>

>>So I guess I'd need to put a 5:1 resistor divider on EGORs output, run
>>that to the standard O2 input, and change the 4 or 5 PROM bytes needed
>>to deal with the different voltage profile.
>
>Again, WHAT?; you really gotta listen up; the output curve for EGOR
>doesn't represent ANYTHING similar to an normal O2 sensor, and if you
>wanted to map it into a similar kinda output, you'd certainly be
>spending more than 4 or 5 bytes on storage, unless you were building a
>bang-bang controller, in which case WHY on earth would you use EGOR? You
>need to do your homework, dude.

Again, from previous posts by Ludis, he has done more 'homework' than
at least 99% of the list and shared much of it. I know he's smarter than
me, and my response is: please explain more of what you have in mind
here because I don't understand it. There is likely to be something
very interesting here.

<snip>

>for anywhere less than 10X the cost of the device. I think you, guy,
>have your head firmly impacted up a nice, warm dark place, and I am NOT
>gonna waste any more of my time on ya. Just my personal opinion, mindya.
>
>Sayonara, Lulu baby.

I think this is very rude and unwarranted. This was not the wild
speculations of someone who just read the next chapter in his textbook. In
my opinion, reasonable questions and discussion points were posed by one
of the most knowledgeable members of the list, and don't deserve this.

I do not want Ludis' contributions quashed.

Respectfully

Bill Lawrance