Wet Brakes

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Tue May 12 04:01:44 GMT 1998

Another non-related EFI item is to recirculate the brake fluid through the
calipers. I have seen a number of vendors, Dan Press Industries, and a
couple of others that recycle the fluid through a small cooler to keep it
from boiling. The interesting thing is that I was watching the 'Brake Cam'
on some 500 mile round and round race, and the rotors on the rear would
almost be in a constant glow of red. So the key must be to have really
thick rotos, and some nice carbon pads. I also have heard mention of some
races with brake activated squirters, but can remember if they were
directed more for the caliper or for the rotor. Check the 'real' race mags,
stock car, circle track, and racecar engineering for some trick brake
components.

Oh, sorry Clare, didn't mean to reply to you about the winmail.dat, your
message was just one that I replied to. BUT, since the issue came up,
someone has the master direction on how to turn it off, might be worth
putting on the FTP site.

Sandy