ION Eyes

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Tue May 12 19:50:25 GMT 1998

On Tue, 12 May 1998 11:55:34 -0700, "H. J. Zivnak"
<bztruck at email.msn.com> wrote:

>Well Alice, things keep getting curiouser and curiouser........
>
>I was poking around at http://www.mecel.se/ on the patents page (with links
>to fifteen different patents,including the original one!) when I spotted a
>note that reads "Some of the patents listed below were originally issued the
>the name of Saab-Scania AB, but have been transferred to Mecel AB when Mecel
>became a wholly owned subsidiary of Delco Electronics Corp." A dim light
>came on and I thought I remembered something about GM buying Saab. I checked
>it out this morning and sure enough.... Saab is a division of GM/Opel! (Sort
>of a Saab story <G>)

Truly. Let's hope it's not just part of the "food-chain paradigm", and
they eat the goose that's laying these golden eggs.

Yeah, that's what Jim Crance was refering to when he said he used to be
able to play with the Saab stuff alot more, until GM took them over.

>Check out delphiauto.com/energy/energycatalog.html . Click on Ignition
>Subsystems and (you guessed it!) you'll find "Ion Sense Ignition".

Huh. The wonders of "acquisition". Reminds me of the Borg, on Star Trek.
Heh.

Gar