Misc 101 stuff

Gregory A. Parmer gparmer at acesag.auburn.edu
Tue May 12 20:02:42 GMT 1998

On Sun, 10 May 1998, Bruce Plecan wrote:
> Is there anyone working on the (747) 101 project that needs something?.

It's getting there, slowly...

I grabbed a shareware binary/hex editor from
   http://www.bpsoft.com  (Hex Workshop)
to do some chip compares. Looks to be pretty
nice so far. Even does a byte-by-byte compare
of 2 bin files.

General Device
  http://www.generaldevice.com (916-393-1655)
had some reasonable EPROM programmers. They
sell Needham's and others.

EPROMS.EPROMS.EPROMS
I've ordered some (~30) extra EPROMs (pulls) if
anyone is interested. They were $1ea+ship.

Now a coupla questions:
1) Where to get that darned "pink book" that
describes this delco derivative of the Motorola
6801! I was trying to find the instruction set and
memory map without bugging Ludis anymore.  :)
Motorola is busy pushing 68HC11s on their
website.

2) Where'd you folks get assemblers/disassemblers?
Are they shareware or freeware?

Bruce--
  I doubt I'll do the '730, but I
would like to dissect the '747 to death...
...and maybe the '783 also, pending my
understanding of the CPU.

-greg