2 stroke injection

jb24 at chrysler.com jb24 at chrysler.com
Tue May 12 23:14:33 GMT 1998

Actually, the Bimota Vdue was a pig because of poor process control.
Basically their cylinder manufacturer wasn't keeping a close eye on the
transfer port location and turned a road-race motor into a lawn-tractor.

Honda has several papers published on EFI on two-strokes.  Big thing to
remember is influence of pipe tuning on VE.  Which is why they had
cylinder pressure transducers hooked into the ECU, instead of a simple
speed-density.  Other thing is misfire detection, cause misfire causes
pipe tuning (temperature) to change instantly and the ECU needs to lean
out or the cylinder dies of way-too-rich.  A MAF can do it, but you
need one MAF per cylinder.  Anyhow, carbs do the same job for a whole
lot less complexity.
---------------------- Forwarded by John R Bucknell/JTE/Chrysler on

        owner-diy_efi @ efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
        05/12/98 12:02 PM