2 stroke injection

Espen Hilde mwichstr at online.no
Tue May 12 23:42:42 GMT 1998

if I had the time and the money,I would try fitting a timed seqential efi
to a
two stroker.I would figure out where to put 2 injectors,over the transfer
ports and
just under ekshaust port( in higth) ,I  would aim them sligtly uppwards
against the spark
plug.I think I had to use two injectors because of the short time to
inject.
standard injectors directly into the cylinder.....
Mercury dfi  uses 80% less fuel at idle......
I tryed to take a exshaust HC test on a Mercury 200 efi  ,It showed the
same
figures as if you put the probe inside a gas tank and messure the fumes....
2000-3000 ppm HC
very little difference in consumption at max torque.dfi better at slow
running and high rpm.
Espen Hilde
> From: Clare Snyder <snyder at huron.net>
> To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: 2 stroke injection
> Date: 12. mai 1998 05:18
>
> Anybody ever tried mechanical injection, like a diesel pump, on a 2
> stroke gas engine?Figure the oil in the mix would handle lubrication OK
> - but would it work? Not talking direct injection, just port, timed
> injection on a V4 Evinrude.Pressure reduced from doozle pressure, and
> injection volume determined strictly by throttle opening, with possible
> manual mixture control.
> --
Maybe you must have some oil coming in by the air stream to, to lubricate
the crank shaft bearings.