Hondo O2 sensors for Oz

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Wed May 13 13:39:00 GMT 1998

On Wed, 13 May 1998 08:18:02 -0400, "Bruce Plecan" <nacelp at bright.net>
wrote:

>If ya'all wanna find them locally, the part no. is 36531-PO7-003,
>or if they are too expensive down there, get together and maybe
>someone here in US will do a single large shipment.

Oooops, minor tweak needed on the above:
	36531-P07-003
Note that the letter after the P is a zero, not an Oh.

>  I personally don't know where to start on this, but I don't want
>ya left out in the cold..

I really don't imagine this will be any kinda problem. You'd be
absolutely amazed at how "customer oriented" your parts manager will
become when he finds out you're proposing a sizeable buy of bits that
each run around $100. Runs his parts dept. numbers up nice and quick.
Just a couple people willing to front the buy to their own local Honda
dealership would put those dealers sorta in competition for which one
would offer the best deal. Course, we're also talking big money here,
since just 20 of these puppies and yer up to around $2K already. Not
something anyone would wanna do without the money up front; remember
most all automotive electrical parts are NOT returnable. B)

On our aviation group (about 1/3 are from down undah), we're using a
fair amount of Subaru parts, and our first wee group buy was over $1KUS.
With those dollar amounts on a single transaction, the dealer gave us
30% over his COST, which in most cases was still dang near 50% off of
list. Those savings easily paid for even intl. shipping. Just an
example.

Last but not least (this is a recording), I gotta WARN y'all, once more,
with feeling; PLEASE DO NOT be going out plunkin down your hard-earned
cash and buying one of these sensors until we have completed the testing
on EGOR. It isn't gonna be long now, and if we run into a problem, you
could end up with an expensive Christmas tree ornament for next holiday
season. Don't do it; it's foolish to rush ahead. Nough said.