How do I reduce ignition noise. (HELP!!)

David Garnier garnierd at csd.uwm.edu
Thu May 14 05:20:46 GMT 1998

>>> some cut here <<<

>       I have recently designed and built a simple EFT system based on a
>Mot. HC12.  All has gone well until now.  I can't keep the MCU from
>reseting whenever the ignition fires.  I am only a sophomore EE student so
>I don't exactly know where to start.

Chris

I heard a intersting story once about a detroit automaker and the
trouble design engineering had on this very same problem.  When the
HV transformer would fire it would cause the processor to reset and
nothing practical could be done to fix the problem.  The solution
was to accept the fact that this would happen and redesign the cpu's
watchdog/code to reset and run again, each time the plugs fires.

dave garnier