NEWBIE

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu May 14 19:49:50 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: kris b robinson <hikenw at gte.net>

>  I'm a newbie here .I looked at some of your profiles on the home page
>and am glad to see some of you have similar interests .
>SSOO has anybody had any luck modifying an ECU from
>a 1988 F-BODY ?? I've been told the one in my car only
>has 5 areas to map the fuel curve per rpm & engine load .
>obviosly this isn't going to work very effeciently for me :-(

If you start off with a read in the archives about ecms, and then
fine tune that reading to the gm 1227165 (which is the on in
your car), you'll have a solid footing, and for openers dispell
the five areas.  Now, once you get thru that reading material
go for the ftp incoming, and look for some tuning articles (or
in the archives under maps tables tune-up).  Then flip to
Programming 101.  Now with all that good accurate information
you can get in/on the 101 stuff where we are currently working
on the 1227747 gm ecm, and will in the not to distant furure
be working on the 165's and related ones.

>aggravatingly slow .ALthough slow i will be so, please be patient .

Welcome
Bruce         Hehehehe, he hasn't even heard of Cone Shaped Hats