Bench Testing ecm-Please Read

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat May 16 15:19:08 GMT 1998

From: Matthew Harding <mharding at qonline.com.au>
Subject: Re: Bench Testing ecm-Please Read

>>  Shortly I'll be able to fire up an ecm with a rpm input, VSS, tps,
>>coolant, IAT, map, and hopefully a closed loop O2.  Then at the
>>injector/ign end I'll have a dual trace scope, and a recorder type
>>scanner at the aldl.
>>  So then I'll be able to verify prom locations, and net res.
>>My question then is this,  What type/name/nomenclature/devise
>>would allow me to change the prom without having to reburn it.
>>An emulator would but that is quessing blindly for addresses right?.
>>  Would it take a laptop to drive, this other devise?.
>>  Has anyone tried the above?.  I imagine gm has exactly what I
>>need but wouldn't give me one, even for educational use..
>>  Other than needing 3 more O2 inputs would a OBDII ecm need
>>anything more in the way of inputs?.
>>  Cheers
>
>isn't that what the software, and replacement memcal boards from these guys

>does?

Yes but at $700 (AUS) it would get expensive to do a bunch of
different ecms,  I can find some/most of the tables, which is what
I think a good part of the information that your paying for with their
system.

>http://white.aljan.com.au/~bradhost/
>
>our Aussie Management systems have gotta be real close to any delco unit
>you have over there.....

The other issue is I haven't heard of a distributor here in the US,
and I get lerry about international problems.
Cheers
Bruce