P4 Program IDs and address 0x0A

Wayne Blair wayneb at foxboro.com.au
Mon May 18 01:26:04 GMT 1998

Sorry if I've created confusion among any of the readers.
The best way to get feed back is to say something "wrong" and that gets the
juices flowing and feedback occurs.

The only ecu's i've experimented with have been Aussie ones that have 28
pin eproms(128,256,512, are these P4) in a memcal, and  32 pin(1024) eprom
only.

The Prog ID at  X008 (X is start address of main data area)does seems to
hold true for the 28 pin eproms.  Can any one could shed some light on the
32 pin chips and how the paging etc goes on, I'm assuming the cpu is still
a hc11 variant with a total address space of 512 (64K).

I've been searching for a way to do a quick check that the position of data
items is the same as some other bin file; a complete cataloging system will
hopefull result from discussions. I really havent come to grips with P4,
165, 830, as I've seen inside more bin file than I've seen HW.

My guess at some  808 (asbx, prog id: 5d ) info some one was chasing last
week:

0x0A is an option control byte:

0x01	accel enrich coolant multipler
0x02	asynch pulse counter