4.3L TBI

Vandervoort, Richard D Richard.Vandervoort at PSS.Boeing.com
Mon May 18 22:55:28 GMT 1998

	Charlie

The TBI 4.3s built through 93 do not have a balance shaft, but the 94-95
does have a balance shaft.  A GM parts book can confirm this.  Fuel
Injection Specialties wants to install a stand alone harness and
controller in truck (can you say expensive kluge).  Howell did not
respond to an Email I sent asking if they can modify the 94 software to
run a CPI with a manual trans.  The same powertrain controllers were
used on the CPI and the TBI for 94.  So the powertrain controller I
currently have has the ability to run a CPI injection system, but it is
also set up to interface with an automatic transmission.  I do not know
what incompatibilities exist in CPI software when it is applied to
manual transmission, remember GM never sold this combination.