Mazda ECM mods

Bill Harrison mazdaguy at Lek.net
Mon May 18 23:15:38 GMT 1998

Hi there.  I am new to the list, and from what I have seen, most of it
applies to GM cars.  But I've also gathered that you are a very intellegent
group of people.  There fore I will ask this question :

    Has anyone attempted to modify a mazda RX-7 ecm.  I have a 1987 turbo,
and all I would like to do is remove the factory boost cut (which occurs
around 8.0 psi).  They sell little black boxes to do this, but they do it by
lying to the computer about the boost it is recieving.  While this may work
for mild builds,  I don't want the computer to be giving fuel for half the
boost it is actually receiving.  So I was curious as to whether anyone had
tried this, or if they knew if it would be economical (as opposed to paying
300 to 400 dollars to have it done...   I don't know much on the subject,
but I think it would be pretty simple... IE  change the fuel cut boost level
from 8 to say... 20, and leave the rest alone.  If anyone has tried this,
let me know, I would highly appreciate it!

Bill Harrison
86 RX-7 Turbo
Mazdaguy at Lek.net