0 280 150 215 flow rate

Steve Lamb lambs at HOTBLK.dsto.defence.gov.au
Tue May 19 04:13:31 GMT 1998

>Steve,
>As a injector reconditioning shop we have many different flow benches for
>injector service.
>We have always used heptane as we were told it had approx the same specific
>gravity as gasoline etc.
>It really doesnt matter as a standard to us is just that a standard. Most
>injectors are rated in lbs of fuel per hour and our benches flow in mils .
>We usualy flow at 40 psi for normal testing.
>I will cross the injector # over tomorrow and  see what our specs are for this
>injector and what the other applications are for this unit.

Thanks, Jim (Scott ??), any help would be greatly appreciated.  This
injector comes from one of our locally produced Fordsof the mid 80's which
used a 4.1L straight 6.  It would be perfect for an application I have in
mind as it uses an O-ring seal at each end, but at 214cc/min it would be
marginal at best, while 250cc/min would be excellent.

Steve Lamb
Department of Defence, DSTO
Aeronautical and Maritime Research Laboratory
506 Lorimer Street
Fishermans Bend  VIC 3207 Australia

Tel: +61 3 9626 7525
Fax: +61 3 9626 7089