adhesives/sealants for sensors

Tim Gooding TGOODING at SIVM.SI.EDU
Tue May 19 15:38:09 GMT 1998

Hi Chris-

I've used Devcon aluminum-filled epoxy(called Devcon Aluminum Putty) in
the intake tract(hot and gassy) and in the carbs(gassy). It took the
heat better than JB Weld, which started to char. This stuff is quite
rigid(machineable), and transfers heat well, so it may not insulate your
wires quite like you want, so I would suggest an insula ting sleeve of
some sort covered by the epoxy. Its all going to get hot eventually.
Pour coffee into a ceramic cup, the cup gets hot. That Hexcel Epolite
stuff from Aircraft Spruce is all kinds of fuel proof, but I'm not sure
how it is with heat.

Tim Gooding