GM knock detection

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue May 19 15:58:50 GMT 1998

Some time back I got a couple of the little ECS modules that go
between the knock sensor, and ecm.  Then fooled around with
some 555 multi vibrators to tickle the esc into triggering the
esc, by dropping it's voltage (how it tells the ecm the right foot
print is present){OK acoustic signature}.  Now if I have a new
trigger for turning that 555 on (when ion eyes are shining), will
I now just be able to feed that same acoustic signature into a
none esc type ecm, like a 730?...  There was some talk about
a different amount of resistance between new, and old style
knock sensors.
  Or would the sane approach be starting at square one.  Has
anyone had both styles on an o-scope, and seen any difference
in voltage generated?.  Any clues about v generated?.
Cheers
Bruce   If you wear a big enough Cone Shaped Hat no one will
             be able to quess what brand car your driving.