Haltech F3

Matt Beaubien mbeaubie at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Tue May 19 17:03:44 GMT 1998

Steve,

> My F3 sensors stays at 43k ohms no matter what  temp. It is using zener
> temp sensor in both non standard to gm .

Haltech told me that they're both the same sensor, just in different mounts.

> Throttle position sensor  has
> three colors here are the (note it's not the same as GM) .
>
> color                    normal pos            wot
> green /black          310 ohms            3.7k ohms
>
> orange/black        3.7k ohms            3.7k ohms
>
> orange/green        3.7k ohms            0 ohms

Does anyone recognize these numbers? What would it take for a GM TPS to
yield similar response characteristics?

If I'm not mistaken, the Haltech unit (most efi systems?) use the MAP for
determining the base injector PW, and use the TPS to modify it if need be
(ie. accelerator pump). If this is the case, I can't see the absolute value
of the TPS being so critical as acceleration enrichment can be adjusted.

Any luck in finding out the AMP connectors for the F3 box?

Thanks for the help Steve and others.

Matt Beaubien
mbeaubie at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca