Ford V8 efi

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed May 20 19:17:57 GMT 1998

 <dciobota at hiwaay.net>
Subject: Re: Ford V8 efi

>I have two stangs, both efi, one with an anderson modified interceptor
>2.  For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a programmable
>ecu piggyback that monitors and modifies fuel, timing and provides
>pretty good data logging via serial cable to a pc.

Have you peeked inside, or can share any details of it's inner
workings, or chip numbers?.

 I have been told that most efi systems will
>> have a difficult time achieving a good idle with this combination,
>> and the knock sensor will not work with the solid lifter cam.

Before playing on this list, I was involved in a couple solid lifter cam'd
motors, and both times when to Hollies, cause of the knock sensor
issue.  Trouble with the acoustic one the just look for a certain noise
pattern, I've found serpentine belts that trigger them........That's what
so nice about darling Ion,

Bruce   nacelp at bright.net