EFI prices

Stephen Dubovsky dubovsky at vt.edu
Thu May 21 01:26:12 GMT 1998

Ok everyone, I have my batch-fire DIY-EFI running on by rebuilt jeep 2.5L,
but I have to add more sensors to my board for TPS, Air/Water Temp, etc so
it runs rough w/o them.  Im tired of messing w/ it for now and just want to
purchase an EFI to get it roadworthy again.  Ive got spark covered w/ an
MSD box, so I really just need a fuel computer.  I understand the prices:

Electromotice TEC-I/II ~$1100 (but does spark that I dont need and no
software)
SDS-T2 ~$650 (this looks 'too' simple for a daily driver and I can't hook a
PC to it.)
Haltec ??? $?  (Dont have a clue about this one)

Anybody have better prices/places to get these things?  Im leaning towards
a Haltec unless its more expensive than the TEC.  Also, how much is the
software that it required to get the TEC running?  (Does anyone else out
there have it that would let me 'borrow' it for a fee?)  Im just looking to
get this thing running w/ as little $ as possible.

Tnx,
Stephen Dubovsky