EFI prices

Tim Freeburn tjf at altavista.net
Thu May 21 06:43:08 GMT 1998

Hi Peter,
    I think your opinions of the Microtech are quite dated, but I agree they
are of a lesser quality and performance than that of the Haltec equivalent.
Have any of you heard of Motec? They are very well designed, intensive,
very powerful compters, but are unfortunately quite expensive.
Have a look at www.motec.com.au
Anyone got opinions on this one?

Tim

Peter Jaramaz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is Microtech available stateside?
>
> They're an Aussie mob that make ECMs suited to the lower end of the market.
> Feature for feature they match a more expensive Haltec. Some people don't
> like them as they don't have the best image due to earlier models having
> reliability problems.
>
> A friend has one running an EF on his F100 Cleveland Tow Truck - 4 throttle
> bodies on a DeTomaso style manifold. Rear wheel dynoed at 350 HP through a
> C6 auto. He loves the Microtech.
>
> I like it becuase its a little larger than a packet of cigarettes.
>
> Peter

 " Allo! Who is eet? "
RA40 Homepage: http://www.ra40.viper.net.au
Tim Freeburn - 18RG Turbo 1980 RA40 Celica